Thursday 22 March 2007

Watching life from the Slow Lane


Ankle
Originally uploaded by TheRobGourdie.
A rather inescapable fact about me at the moment, that is having a large impact on all aspects of my life, is my broken left leg. I thought I should mention it, as it is bound to be a factor in some strange behaviour at some point in the future.

Its well broken, as I smashed it during a training run for a Luge competition in Austria, back at the start of December. A compound (aka bones sticking out) fracture of my Tibia and Fibula, and a broken Femur (thigh bone). That has probably sealed the shortest most promising career of a Luger ever, having completed a week on the Calgary track and two runs in Igls. For my troubles I got: a helicopter ride to hospital; eight hours of surgery; four days in Intensive Care; and 16 days in hospital, oh and half a meccano set in my leg.

No comments: